spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
I'd check out YCW as well. Been pretty happy with their dampers paired with swift springs. Skip TCK. Unless youre gonna go for clubsport, do ST XTA instead of KW. Ohlins are great if you want to fiddle with their setup which isn't as straight forward as install and go. Don't know anything about FA coils so won't comment.
YCW looks very nice. I'm surprised I've never heard of them. They also seem to be owned by (or own) MFactory who makes my LSD that I'm very happy with. One of those messenger pop-ups offered a 35% discount on their Reference series (a $2300 coilover). I'll have to do more research, but they do look much like what I'm looking for. How are they for a daily, and how have they held up?

Thanks for that. Now I have another option...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmithvmi View Post
one other consideration: upgrading to m3 style rear spring arms. they use a clevis style bottom shock mount as opposed to the lower rubber shock perch on the non m cars. it's hard to say how much of the improvement comes from this component but combined with the mcs shocks, I like it a lot more.
I've considered doing that, but I don't think it's worth the effort/cost. Though, doing those is about the same cost as doing upgraded upper and lower shock mounts...
They're only $130ish on eBay usually. Most shock companies will sell you E82 front shocks and M3 rear shocks with the clevis mount rest setup