View Single Post
      08-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #15009
wantmymoneyincash
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Finally got around to doing the UUC SSK, teflon bushings, CDV delete, RE trans mounts, 4 wheel alignment and threw on a catted Wagner DP. Took me a while to do all this, a good 2 days.

I bought a AKG DSSR but there was no way the part was going to fit. One orientation touches the guibo, the other orientation touches the shifter carrier. Pretty disappointed as that peice alone was over $100. Put the stock one back in. Good thing Pelican parts is refunding it.

I could not for the life of me get the pin out of the shift rod joint. I just left it in there.

The downpipe was a PIA. Needed some help on this one, especially the v-band clamp. Was able to finesse it on from the bottom. Sounds great now.

Shifting now is a dream, it feels SO MUCH better. A bit more NVH, prob from the DP and stiffer trans mounts but nothing too crazy.

One issue that I am now having, is in first gear, if I put some power down, say above 3.5k-4k RPMS, it feels a lot of vibration. It almost feels like the guibo is hitting something everytime it turns. But I am fairly confident that is not it because I tested the drive shaft once it was in and it did not hit the stock dssr. But that is what it feels like. Could the driveshaft be out of line? balanced? This is ONLY in first gear, all other gears pull great.
Appreciate 0