03-31-2008, 01:52 AM   #9
Motorsports_3
E30 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135, 1988 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharv2003 View Post
Is this something that the dealers would notice if you tried to bring it in for service? Probably only for clutch service right? Is there a way that you can replace it pretty easy before you take it in? Also, does the replacement one from Riss look very similar to the stock one?
That is the reason people buy a modified one. You can plug everything in with out it, but the dealer would notice. If you are having clutch issues on your car I would still reccomend to change it back, because if they look and it is modifed you can still be screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizall View Post
Couldn't you just drill out the inside of the CDV to make it larger like the aftermarket ones? Cheaper and it couldn't be detected by the dealer unless they took it off and looked in it. Sounds like another alternative.
Yes you can, but becareful. We tried that on my friends e92 and the plastic melted. The older BMW's had metal ones and were easy to drill. The stock piece is like 6 dollars i think from BMW.

It is #13
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...08&hg=21&fg=10

The part number is 21526764872. I would still reccomend to buy a modified one to save you the trouble.