View Single Post
      04-06-2020, 06:53 PM   #11
CWOERN
Rep
Drives: E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokomo963 View Post
No worries. Suspension adjustments are something I'm always learning about also.

here is a cool video that he kinda goes over why you need adjustables and how it's installed. Ideally you'd want 0 preload
Thanks again for helping out! I had searched yesterday as well for some videos but other than getting answered why we have sway bars I couldn't find information if a rotation (preload) of the sway bar is ok or to be avoided.

"Your" video is an interesting one, as he mentioned, no preload is wanted. Assuming that the stock sway bar is installed in a way that there is no preload, I'd like to think that's something I want to maintain (after the BC kit installation) by using shorter/adjustable links?!
I received a call from the BC vendor yesterday after I asked for confirmation (in parallel to my questions here) that I received really the correct kit. And yes, I did, but my question regarding the sway bar links wasn't really answered. The seller told me that he will get BC's opinion on that, let's see if I get their view as well. However, I ordered as well some adjustable links which can be installed either at the same original length or based on BC's view. If I don't get their answer I am leaning forward to adjust them a bit shorter to accommodate the different anchoring point.

On the other hand, I may worry too much, I am not planning to race the car on a track nor am I a hoon trying to compete against youngsters here in their Commodores on the street

Anybody else has an opinion if or if not the sway bar links should be adjusted/shortened?

Regards, Chris
Appreciate 0