View Single Post
      05-17-2023, 10:59 AM   #40
fe1rx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 328i, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Whippy View Post
Fe1rx, did you publish the strut top coords at any point?
I saw the photo of you running a plumb line down so assume you took at least the x/y coord?

I’m running an E81 130i and trying to determine the base configuration.
From what I can see I can derive everything else from what you’ve very kindly shared, but without the strut top constraint (yours is set at -3deg camber and 7.3deg caster), it’s hard to create a model of the standard setup.

I could of course use the 130i alignment data to feed in camber and caster to derive the top mount xy position, but it’d be good to know the inherent camber/caster with the real measured constraint you have.

Thanks for any help

Dave
This is extracted from my CAD model and it should be compared to the figure in my 2nd post to show the relative location of the centre of the strut towers. My vertical dimension in the original figure is not the strut top, but the pivot point of the camber plate. On my camber plates that is about 43 mm below the bottom surface of the strut tower. Therefore the height dimension I show in the 2nd post is about 43 mm lower than the "TBD" dimension in this post.

Name:  Strut Tops.jpeg
Views: 474
Size:  107.7 KB

Of course my datum point is not a point you are readily going to be able to locate on your own vehicle, so all this needs to be verified by you in some manner.
Appreciate 3
John_01232.00
ornicar136.00
houtan707.00