09-15-2018, 07:31 PM   #8
bmwlaguna
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i Coupe, 6spdAT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
So...., what are the goals for the 128? I always encourage determining the end goal, then reverse engineering from there. This process let's you get parts once and always build towards your target.

Will you be seeing any track time? Any autox? Drag?
Would you actually make use of adjustment capabilities, or no, not really?

That's what made the decision for me- I've done the autox and track time in the past, but know (knew?) that my 135 would be a simple commuter ride with a dose of bad attitude, so comfort was higher over peak cornering.

Over my many years I've been able to run KYB, Bilstein, Koni and a random selection of others. I'm fond of how Koni, generically speaking, handle small stuff compared to Bilsteins. The Koni STR.T is a perfect example of that.

In short, if you want track time of any kind, might as well increase your budget. If you'd actually use adjustment, or anything like that, move up.

OTOH, if you're simply looking for a great install & enjoy it's hard to beat orange Konis!

No track, autoX or anything like that. Daily driver commuter. I made the mistake of putting cheap coilovers on- huge mistake. I did do one thing right and ditched the runflats for Ventus V12s. I have no interest in lowering the car to sacrifice handling. Not interested in adjusting either.

So now wanting to go back to my stock parts, but seeing as how they had 55K on them, I figure I'll reuse the springs (non sport) and refresh with a set of new shocks/struts. Which is probably what I should have done in the first place.

So I'm facilitating between the STR.T and the B4's.
Appreciate 1
1and11851.50