View Single Post
      07-03-2020, 07:49 AM   #1
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

SUV choices for my fiancé

So my fiance's lease is up this coming February, we are contemplating what we want to get her next (still have a solid bit of time to decide). She currently has a 2018 Mazda CX-5. She is looking for something relatively sporty because she thinks this will be the last "fun" car she will have before we have kids. With that said, some of the more sporty models we have been looking at are roughly the same size as her CX-5. The CX-5 is decent (besides the transmission), but when we drive to see the in-laws with the dogs and all our luggage it is usually a tight squeeze.

Disclaimer, she is a picky as all hell so the car needs to be aesthetically pleasing. She use to like more mediocre cars, but I've rubbed off on her unfortunately..... Ideally I'd like a payment less then $600/mo, but if we hit $700/mo its not a huge problem. Also if it could haul a boat that would be great, would like to get one within the next few years (dreaming to an extent, but that is what it is haha).

I'd rather her get a larger vehicle as we plan to have kids in a couple of years, this is more pertinent to if we were to buy rather then lease. Planning for the future to an extent where she is more concerned with the present (which I understand). Never been a huge fan of leasing as it's like renting. Nothing to show for it at the end.

Anyways, her choices:
-Porsche Macan (2020 if lease, 2018 if we buy) - I'm a little hesitant on this one, think it's a great looking car, but as far as size it's more of a lateral shift.
-Mercedes GLC 43amg - Ideally, but I think she'd be fine with the 300. (2020 lease, 2017-2018 buy) - Same thing as the porsche in regards to size. Would be pushing the budget
-Jaguar F-Pace (2020 lease, 2018 buy) - Again lateral shift in terms of size.

My choices:
-Chevy Tahoe
-GMC Yukon
-Mercedes GLE
-Mercedes GLS (pushing the budget)
-X5
-Volvo XC90

I'm sure a lot of you will ask, we haven't gone and test drove the vehicles yet. I've been in newer Tahoes, Yukons, and the XC90. As for the others, no experience.

Appreciate any recommendation/experience!
Appreciate 0