United_States
Rep
Drives: M-Sport 128i, 328xi, 3.0CS

Garage List
2009 128i  [0.00]
1972 3.0CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_thompson View Post
The 128i is supposed to be at Inskip on Thursday.
Well, the Thursday delivery didn't happen. My CA didn't know what happened and didn't know where my car was.

I called BMWNA's Euro Delivery office to find out what was going on. They said that the car is still waiting for clearance from the Department of Agriculture. So, the BMW Owner's Circle tracking information is false and misleading. It says that my car made it to the Delivery Center on the 21st. That just isn't true, it never made it to the Delivery Center. The ED people also said that the tracking information given to the dealer is just an estimate. So the information that the CA has is totaly useless.

BMW says 4-6 weels for an ED redelivery. What they are not saying is that it can take 2 weeks to get your car on a ship, 2 weeks to get to a US port, up to 5 weeks for Customs, up to 5 weeks for Agriculture, a week at the delivery center, and a week on the truck. So the ED redelivery time is really 4-16 weeks and BMW has absolutely no way of knowing how long it will take for Customs and Agriculture clearance.

If I had known that it could possibly take 16 weeks for a redelivery I probably would not have done the Euro Delivery.