View Single Post
      01-26-2018, 09:55 AM   #1
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Increasing Induction Noise...

Does anyone have any ideas on increasing induction noise on our cars?

N/A and F/I owners are free to talk about tricks you've used, or ones you've heard about.

What I've Done:
After getting some more doo-WAAAAH from my Mishimoto silicone intake boot, I want even MORE!!!

I have a K&N Drop-In with a Charcoal delete, those didn't make that noticeable a difference.

What I'm Considering:
I read on some forum (E90 Post, I think...I barely survived) that putting spacers in between the two halves of the intake box, to create about a 1cm gap is a really easy way to get a ton. One guy removed the non-filter side of the box completely, and said it was deafening (that's what I think I want, but I probably don't). Nice thing about both of these solutions is that they're easy to do, and easily reversed if you don't like it.

Another thing is a CAI with an open cone filter, but people are torn on the benefits/detriments of this (heatsoak issues, mainly)...