View Single Post
      04-25-2018, 08:00 AM   #103
Happy Jose
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M-Sport

Question Questions, Questions, Questions, & More Questions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
B6's aren't designed for lowering springs. For anyone wanting to run Bilstein dampers with factory M Sport, BMW Performance, Eibach lowering springs or anything lower, you want to run the B8 Performance Plus which was built to cope with less travel.
You might note that Turner, the OP's vendor, doesn't recommend using the B8s with the M-Sport Springs. I really hate this kind of advice when it isn't accompanied by a reason. Incidentally, looking at the pictures of the OP's car, his ride height seems pretty close to stock. I'd bet the so-called BMW Performance Springs are just the M-Sport Springs.

I have a Mercedes with the Mercedes Sport-Package. The Sports-Pkg lowers the car about 0.5" from the stock ride height. I checked with Bilstein what was the correct strut for it. They said the B8 was correct.

At the same time, I examined the specs for the B6 and B8 and noted the body of the B8 was slightly shorter than the B6. What people might not realize is a car can be lowered by a shorter strut and/or shorter spring. Also if I had installed the B6 in my car instead of the B8, the installation would have raised the height of my car.

In any case, I would put the B8s on my M-Sport Pkg and use the M-Sport Springs. As a check, I'd measure the strut length of both the stock and B8 to check they were essentially the same.

Appreciate 0