04-28-2021, 09:38 AM   #2
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual only View Post
Considering to upgrade the look of the 1M with the 135i F/R setup is this a bolt on affair? Are there conversion brackets for this? Would also consider putting on m2 ceramic brakes anyone out there know if it’s possible or is it too complicated?
I think this will be an upgrade for you which is what matters. The 1M is a manly, purposeful car and the black sturdier than 135i calipers are part of what makes the 1M special. Not blingy, no M decals on the calipers, no Fiji Sky Dusk Blue paint on them, just black, performance oriented brakes. So if you car, retrograding the brakes to 135i brakes will probably only look better to you. The 135i calipers were more show than go. They brittle parts that were damaged under high stresses and BMW said so during the 1M launch. The single piston brakes outperformed them especially track duty. You might as well buy one of those fake brembo caliper covers and put those on because at least you would keep the performance of these brakes. I see a few other discussions about doing this to non M e90s and one to an E90 M3 but was not able to find anything to help you. I would try ECS or Ebay as I regularly see many caliper adapters on there. Best wishes.
Appreciate 0