View Single Post
      11-28-2011, 05:55 AM   #80
mikeedler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
I do not see the Swift spring coupler between the main and the helper spring, did you forget to install them? I can't really tell from the photo, just look they are not lining up. The rear Swift spring is also not of the correct static length to really take advantage of the helpers...looks like you are using a 9" spring. Make sure they are 60mm as well.
the spring coupler was in there(in the pics too), but is now removed as well as the helper springs- not needed due to the length of the spring. The info is all over the place and the various set-ups are different everywhere I look. The rear shocks seem kinda short to me, they do not alow much travel if the car is at stock height. IMO. I took the rubber piece off the adj. it just got in the way and seemed t would make the adj. that much harder later. on my E30, I took all of the rubber padding pieces out and have had no rattling, so I am sure it will be o.k.

not that I know so much about tuning turbo cars, but I am under the impression the "bottleneck" isn't really going to hurt the cars performance. to me it seems it would possibly slow the air in the intercooler a very minimal amount (better cooling)- and the charge pipes from the factory everywhere else are 2.5", plus the added size of the intercooler? just my thoughts.

question. are these sleeves on the struts, or are they just machined that much thicker-- it is what I'm missing. found this pic somewhere.

Last edited by mikeedler; 11-28-2011 at 06:08 AM..
Appreciate 0