View Single Post
      01-26-2017, 11:30 PM   #7
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasya View Post
Hey guys,

I tried to distil the necessary info from other brake related topics but having some difficulties.

I wish to make my 1M a bit more track capable. Now it's stock except midpipes and toyo r1r tires (245-265) on stock 18" e92 M3 wheels. I live near a track which is auite brake heavy (Zolder, Belgium) and get brake fade after a few laps, plus this warped rotor feeling.

Could you guys recommend on an upgrade for occasional trackdays? I woulf prefer to stay on 18" rims. Maybe an upgrade to another OEM BMW kit?

Thanks for the info!
Short of going to a BBK(many will fit under your OE 18" wheels), full set of PFC08(one of the most popular pads for the 1M and M3 track crowd) or RS29 along with a true two-piece full floating front rotors will keep keep your brakes more consistent from start to end. No more wrapped rotors as the full floating rotors will allow heat expansion(much better than the OEM two piece).

Have a look at these rotors:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...&highlight=pfc

If you don't have SS lines or high temp brake fluid, this is a good time to add them as well.
Appreciate 0