Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
how about you do some research onyour own using that new fangled invention calledGoogle, rather than asking to be spoon fed.
You could have typed an actual answer in the time it took you to write that, yet you posted 3 different responses with the most helpful one being "yes.". Overall you have contributed next to nothing in this thread and have only wasted your own and everybody else's time by posting (and now mine). Stop contributing to the demise of the bimmerpost forums and post something useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gartho View Post
Well its nice to know that you assumed you know what I did or did not do lol.
I am always amazed there are people on a forum who say those things. I on the other hand like to help people and would freely give my .02 without saying what you said. If you dont want to help please dont answer!
Yes, you can easily take a stock 1 series to the track and have fun and hit 120 mph. Just need to get the basics done like oil change, high temp break fluid, track inspection from a shop, certified helmet (probably a few other minor details I left out) and you're good to go (it's nice to have good summer tires too). I use motorsportreg to find events. On your first event you'll probably want to do a BMW CCA event because they give you a lot of instruction. However, I think PCA gives more track time but does not cater to beginners as much.
Appreciate 0