View Single Post
      01-22-2020, 08:59 PM   #5
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
The sport seats (in the M-Sport package, IIRC) are miles better than the base 128i sport seats, so be thankful you have them as standard.

Try doing the seatbelt lock trick (below) and using the rear headrests up front.

For the seatbelt trick, slide your seat all the way back, fasten your seat belt. Give the upper belt a strong yank so that the reel locks the belt, then hold it against the lock while sliding your seat up to your normal driving position. This will hold you back in the seat in corners and really helps with hard braking.
Yeah I know, I’m nitpicking more than anything but as good as the sport seats are for spirited driving, it just can’t hold me (I’m a slender 5’8”) enough on tight turns or esses. I did try the seat belt trick, maybe I’ll give it another shot.

I seriously contemplate getting buckets for the two front seats only for when doing track days and revert to factory when not. Although w the car being parked most of the year, doing that switch is pointless. But anyway, anyone know if having buckets but using three point belts is allowed for HPDE? I’m riding w NASA mostly but wanted to know if this passes tech.
Appreciate 0