View Single Post
      02-25-2024, 05:08 PM   #16
JK479
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: I6-> iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherSportsCar View Post
The N54 in the 1 Series is a great combination. I have a 2008 E88 6MT, I enjoy it a lot, and I have owned several cars with even higher performance.

It is true there will be significant maintenance expenses; however, these engines at their core are very robust and reliable. Once you sort out the maintenance it should be good for another 70,000-100,000 miles. The question is how much are you willing to spend to hold the privilege of owning a relatively rare sports coupe/cabriolet?

For perspective, I just helped my nephew pay for general maintenance repairs on his 2011 Ford Fusion Sport AWD with the 3.5L. Water pump and radiator replacement along with alignment, brakes, and replacement of trans cooler lines cost just under $4k. And that is with my substantial dealer discount!

Any car can have expensive repairs, but what would you rather drive???

It’s an interesting decision process. I just sold a Porsche 911 that was starting to become more of a project than a weekend cruiser. I exited realizing the 997 era will be a collector status. Yet- my enjoyment of the car started to wane mostly due to it not feeling comfortable anymore.

I’ve driven the m240i Xdrive and it’s new tech and warranty are appealing. But it doesn’t look nearly as good as this 135i manual.

In general I’m not sure what to do next…
Appreciate 2