07-07-2018, 12:28 AM   #89
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
Nothing against the S65 but the people who primarily make these statements are E9X M3 owners. The S65 was a great engine but not necessary in the 1M. The N54 helps give the 1M its bonkers personality along with its aggressive competition pack setup...without it, it wouldn't be the 1M we know and love. Time to accept it for what it is..

by default i'd say most 1M owners respect the E9X M3 because without that car there would be no 1M. That being said we don't want the 1M to be a smaller E9X M3 we wanted it to be a the freakshow little frankenstein that it is!
I did want an NA S65 1M and also a smaller lighter e92. I built one and it is an absolute beast. The m3's weakness is its weight and size, and the 1M's weakness as a track car, is the n54. If you combine the two, I can honestly tell you it creates an entirely different vehicle than many, myself included would expect.

An S65 1M is a far more potent track weapon than an m3 and a 1M but lacks a lot of the stock n54 1M's useable torque and fun factor. I do believe the V8 1M experience likely is not as universally appealing as the n54 1M is to 90% of owners as I do believe 90% of e9x m3 owners never revved their cars past 4k RPM and are limited to street driving.
Appreciate 1