View Single Post
      02-27-2016, 01:41 PM   #8
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Frank Isenberg (key engineer behind the 1M + M2 project leader) also referred in the CAR interview (December 2015) to the 1M feistiness factor:
The 1M rode like it had ants in its pants, and you caught its oversteer more with punches than steering inputs. I ask [Frank Isenberg] if that feistiness was intentional, or a by-product of the M melting pot. «Byproduct,» confirms Isenberg. «We were still learning with the turbocharged engine. For the M2, the ride is much more compliant, and it’s not so tricky at the limit.» The big question, of course, is how M2 compares with M4, and which Isenberg prefers. «M2,» he answers without hesitation. «I like the smaller cars. The M2 might even be faster through a tight slalom.» Or around the Nürburgring. Officially, the M2 is good for a 7min 58sec, the M4 a 7min52sec. The 1M did 8min 15sec.
Have to say I care little for so called lap times. They are all done on different days etc. I just like a car that suits me. I hate all the nannies and cars built so that 99% of the population can drive them safely. That's why I love the 1M
Appreciate 0