Thread: Only Aussie
View Single Post
      01-15-2008, 04:30 AM   #18
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I'm gate crashing this as although not an Aussie, I am one of the few other Southern Hemisphere inhabitants here and as we do not have our own forum - obviously not enough of us - I hope you don't mind me gate crashing.

d3syd, you guys down under seem to be falling behind what is happening here in SA, unless I have just been particularly lucky. I remember when I joined the forum in early/mid December you seemed to be in exactly the same position where you are now.

In the meantime things have moved very quickly here. I have been to the dealer and placed my deposit (27 December), phoned 1st week in Jan and got my allocation, last week (10 Jan) I finalised my order and my order has been accepted (with final pricing) and my baby is planned to go into production on 1 Feb. I will hopefully get my car on 9th April and all this for way less than AUD$80k.
"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0