07-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #24
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shost View Post
I'm surprised about the negative views about the Sat Nav. It is much more than just a Nav thou and a lot of extra features work much better with it and can be controlled with it.

For example It will display the PDC, all the audio and vehicle settings, tyre pressure etc and in my opinion looks pretty slick. Yes it will age but so will the whole car. Let's face it the dash is from the 1-series hatch and that's 7 years old! Also am I right in thinking the Nav option also gets you the online portal stuff that let's you call BMW and ask them to lock/unlock the car and make restaurant bookings and loads of other stuff? Not sure how much I'll use that thou but nice to have if it's your car.

Also I really don't get the "weight issue" track car argument. I can't imagine that the whole stack can weigh much more than 5kg. It doesn't reduce engine power like the massive AC unit every 1M has. Just put less fuel in and diet surely if Nav weight makes such a difference.

Like Clarkson said, it's USP is that it can be a normal family car. It's not compromised and doesn't have to be!

Get the tints aftermarket thou.
To clarify the weight issue...you cannot get the SAT NAV alone in the US and I think the same in UK. You have to get both packages with add all this other stuff like powered seats, PDC, led lighting, self changing mirror, hard drive.
Not countering your point, just clarifying the weight aspect. By the time you add NAV, electric seats, heavier mirror LED lights, PDC and all the other wiring and crap, you have added a bit.

Love tint, the lighter shades better iMO.
Appreciate 0