Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
@Harlequin

Hey guys... just two things coming into my mind... intercooler heat soak ? Do both of you have the stock FMIC ?

Other thing that comes to my mind is your clutch could be starting to slip. Don't forget the clutch is not rated for STOCK HP level. The trans too. lol But BMW just took a calculated risk - with warranty claims. So far so good. But time will tell. Also there were some 1M's which had bad rear crankshaft seal. They leak oil(or somethings just make a fluttering type noise on decell). Just FYI.
Thanks Dack... My crankshaft seal seems OK and I don't think it's clutch slip or the problem would still be there in MDM mode.... but good things to check... It could be heatsoak I guess but that tune is designed for stock FMIC and I still don't see why the problem would disappear when I switch to MDM mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
I found a significant fall off traction from PS2/PSS as they got past the 5,000km mark. The PS2's especially seemed to get really 'hard'.

Try get a tyre in the Extreme Performance category.
Good to know. Thanks. Do you notice much of a lack of wet weather performance with extreme performance tyres? Have you tried RE-11s? I know people who swear by them but I haven't checked to see if they're available in 1M sizes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
no flat spot for me, same tune, car and tyres with about 10% left.
It's really mild... I only noticed it because I just got the Cobb and I was looking for it... or anything else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAM3R View Post
I have an ETS 5".

Doesn't feel like the clutch to me... And I hope I'm right haha.
I'm running stock IC but its the next thing on the list for me... Doesn't seem like clutch to me either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Logs will tell. Do logs, with each traction mode.
Yeah... I'm thinking that maybe it's pulling the timing or something. Only way to know is Logs. Just got no time at the moment...