View Single Post
      02-14-2020, 12:38 PM   #92
JPuehl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Idk I have seen some really funky data in JB4 logs. Seems to be bad data. No one ever has an answer. JB4 just seems to be buggy and there are times when you get erroneous/artifacts in the data. Hence why I don't run it.
I don't think it's a case of "bad data" (but not disregarding your feedback) as when the logs show 0 or almost 0 timing the car takes seemingly twice as long to rev from 3k to 7k than it does when the logs show good timing, and I can feel it. I was actually surprised at how quickly it rev'd the first time I tested the PS2 with good boost and timing. With no timing, it's very sluggish. I've never been happy with the support from BMS on the N54tech site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Being off boost target by <1psi is not an issue at all and there are no indications of a boost leak. WGDC is at ~60% to achieve 17psi.
I could be "worried over nothing" if the logs look like there's no issue preventing boost from hitting the target. I suppose I could raise target to 17.5 or 18 where I think it should be at 17 now and see what happens. I do want to see what the timing looks like at 18 psi as I think I have enough octane to support 17 psi right now.

And YES I will be going to a stand alone tune hopefully in the next month or 2. Hopefully by the end of this month I'll get the flywheel installed and that should be it for the mods I have planned for the near future. I have a feeling the PS2 is going to make auto-cross a little more challenging which is why I like the JB4 where I can limit boost in the first 3 gears. When I get a tune I suppose I could flash a "stock" tune for a race weekend and flash back to the custom tune after the race, unless I can get a tuner to make 2 tunes.

1Mpostr
Appreciate 0