View Single Post
      03-10-2020, 01:49 PM   #105
JPuehl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
IDK how well proven it really is that the DCT flywheel is an issue. At least not ones that are still functioning normally (DMFW do fail). Run a custom map 6 at 20psi and see if you get misfires? No reason not to start a custom tune... if you start getting misfires at high rpm then you know what to look at already. Take care of it and go back to tuning if the issue crops up? That's what I would do, personally. No reason to throw parts at the car if not needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
It is 100% known the stock flywheel will cause misfires. Happens on the n54 335is and N55 135i. No reason to debate that. We went in circles for more than 3 years trying to blindly figure that out. It is the most frustrating thing to deal with when you are putting 490whp to the ground and the entire car just dies into limp mode for no reason.
This past Friday, 3/6, I had the M4 flywheel installed and while I haven't been driving the car a lot, due to rain and a busy work schedule, I wanted to provide my observation about this issue.

After the PS2 install and before the M4 flywheel, if I was pushing 17+ psi above 6k rpm, my car would misfire and sometimes threw codes and went into limp mode as Houtan mentioned. Since the flywheel swap I haven't had misfires where I used to. This was with only the flywheel, the BEF was the same and I only increased the duty-bias on map 6 to raise the boost.

1Mpostr
Appreciate 2
bbnks21206.50
houtan707.00