10-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #46
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehb View Post
Hi Gill,

I have a Canadian spec 135i Cab with M-Sport Package. For winter use I am thinking of getting 205-50R17's all around. As far as rims go, what offset should I be looking for and do I need to get TPM for the new wheels?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before:iono:

Thanks

Mehb
You won't need anything TPM related for the new wheels since you don't have sensors. Offset is a workable range. You should avoid searching for a set number since many will work. All the winter wheels we have listed for the vehicles at our site have a correct offset for the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec View Post
Hi Gill,

I have a 135 coupe with M-sport pkg and I'm in Toronto where we get a fair amount of snow. I'm thinking of getting 205/50-17 Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D tires and either the Elbrus I02 or the Sport Edition SE-14 wheels.

Do you have any suggestions as to which wheel is better?
Elbrus seems new- have you heard anything good/bad about it and do you recommend it?
Has the Elbrus been tested with the 135 coupe?

Thanks

Eric
We have not done any testing on the Elbrus but that is no different than any other new wheel we've ever brought in. We do, however, know exactly how they are made and by whom and we have every confidence this wheel will work perfectly fine. If we had any reservations about this we would not carry it, let alone recommend it for the car.

Either of those wheels would be fine. It really boils down to what you like the look/price of better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjovic View Post
Gill, if we choose not to buy a new set of wheels for the winter what tires would you recommend for stock 18" rims on 135i coupe? TIA!
I would use the 3D from Dunlop or the LM25 from Bridgestone. Both are outstanding performance winter tires. You couldn't go wrong with either.

Gill

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0