View Single Post
      07-21-2009, 06:46 AM   #10
andrew@southernBM
Rep
Drives: M2 G87, M4 G82

Quote:
Originally Posted by qship View Post
The short answer is yes. A car blew an engine with computer mods while in TAS. Dealer had one look and said no.
Statements like this are misleading and are completely false, that car had an internal issue. It came back as owner wanted it back. Surprises me that a statement like "computer mods" would be made from you. It had nothing to do with computer or mods, it had an engine internal fault and there have been others replaced here for the same fault.

Regardless, Way couldn't get warranty on his pistons in his calipers as his is a track car. The car is clearly a track car and there was no real intention of seeking warranty only as a safety precaution for Aust owners. No-one would expect warranty to pick up any drivetrain on that car. Electric windows, Airbags, electronics, interior, fuel pumps, injectors etc would all still be covered.

If you wish to modify your car, be big about it, fess up, if you have an issue, most of the time it has nothing to do with the mods anyway, it has a lot to do with your relationship with your dealer as well. I get calls from Australia wide dealers every day regarding these cars and 335i's

There is many instances of fuel pumps, injectors, coils, engines, turbo's, camshafts, etc etc, you have to expect things will fail on stock cars let alone modded cars. You guys are going to have more problems with carbon build up than worry about whether or not to modify. You all are getting closer to the kilometeres that they will be failing anyway.

The warranty will be void only if the after market part installed caused the BMW part to fail.

If you put tint on the window and your radio starts getting interference, you cannot expect BMW to foot the bill.

But if you have an aftermarket intercooler on your car and your Airbag fails then you'll get your airbag fixed under warranty.

Fuel pumps are the big thing at the moment. Fuel pumps are a massive issue world wide and they will get replaced, regardless what mods you have.

Another example, we installed a supercharger with methanol, NOS spray bar, 20in wheels, full catless exhaust, BBK, but he still got his Nav fixed under warranty when it failed.

end of rant.......i just get asked this so many times a day it surprises me. Pay to play.
Appreciate 0