ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyATC View Post
2 seconds on this particular track is nothing, almost like a small error margin
Most likely you'd get 2-5 seconds difference driving same car with the same driver
On the Ring I agree with that totally, means close to nothing. But on Hockenheim Short a 1.6 seconds is much more significant and 1M lap times vs M135i on other tracks (check the fastest laps for a few) all show that there is a clear difference between these cars on track despite not so huge. So, natural question is what happened on the Ring? The only meaningful explanation is M135i lap time is a good time, it fits and makes sense but 1M lap time is simply not, should be and can be better and closer to E92 M3 like on every other track (again check various tracks for lap times) where 1M is right behind or a bit ahead of the M3, usually a bit behind DCT cars and a bit ahead of manual M3s. Ring time for the 1M doesn't make sense to me and confuses everyone since it usually contradicts with other data while people tend to take it as the "reference".
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0