02-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #54
jamespaoli
Private
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowerfredrick View Post
Hi James,

I was wondering what happened when it failed? I had the whole thing working well doing just a 'dry fit'. But then when did the actual install and ran the car, I was getting static, and now when I put the car in reverse, all I get is a black screen with the yellow guide marks. Was that how it failed on yours? I'm just trying to narrow down if it's the camera, the wiring, or something else. Thanks
Hey sorry guys i have been very busy with work and now dealing with my car needing a jump to start...

Lowerfredrick: My issue was when going into reverse the screen would trigger to the reverse cam with the yellow lines/black screen, would never turn on video.. I triple checked all my wiring and made sure it was EXACTLY the way stubbie has shown.

I replaced my camera 2 or 3 times, and re-wired/replaced my relay as well. I performed the test that stubbie also says where you can use the camera in wire directly to the back of the unit.

My issue was solved overall being a faulty camera, i did also connect the 2 previous cameras and use it on a TV and it still didnt show video, confirming the 2 previous cameras were dead.

I would triple check your wiring, try your camera on a TV or using the camera-in port on the headunit... If you have a volt meter you can test the power wire to the camera to see if it is getting voltage too...
Appreciate 0