Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
I ran the 265/30-295/30 stagger on h&r springs, I was very happy with it, and a stage 2 Cobb will certainly keep your stock sized tires busy. I'll defer to neil and BMW and say staying with the 20mm stagger/safety car setup is the wise choice, I always look at tire weight when I'm about to buy my huge tires and think I'm making the foolish choice but I have gone big since I first got the car and loved all of them especially the 265-295 setup, my favorite thus far. I really overwork the 245s and 255's I've tried up front on track(2 hpde's and the pss's were completely cooked) and it felt better with 265's on twisty roads as well.

With the h&r springs and 265/30's up front I had very slight rubbing when at lock with 3-4 people in the car or in odd situations, after a few months that slight rubbing disappeared completely from the wheel wells wearing a bit but nothing that damaged them, just two or three places that the tires slightly rubbed wearing halfway through the plastic. I personally didn't mind it but there may be very slight rubbing in tight parking situations and of course each car settles a little differently but that's going to be the next set I put on, 265/30-295/30 PSS or rs3's.
Spencer, just curious, were you running the revised wheel well liners when you experienced this rubbing? And anything that you think spacers would help/hurt? Thanks.