View Single Post
      04-21-2023, 08:30 PM   #8
scratchgolf135
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: alpine white 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRTSB1M View Post
Interested to see how this turns out. It certainly seems simpler than a full S55 cooling swap; since you would need to adapt the H2O IC setup. BMW did address some of your concerns with the S55 by putting oil cooler where N5x cars' IC is. When looking at cooling for my N54, I decided to stick with 5" IC and will use meth to handle IATs it can't. Also have CSF rad and twin oil coolers for my build.
A 5” IC wouldn’t change anything in this situation since the only thing that eliminates is the 2” height in the front the extends up in front of the rad and condenser. Even then I’ll still be spraying e85 via charge pipe injector for extra fuel and lower IAT. I’m also running dual setrab oil coolers with an Improved Racing tstat so cooling should be no issue on this build. A couple 10” fans in a diy shroud should be plenty anyways since it’s not a daily it won’t see much traffic if ever. Only night drives and hopefully some track days. Hood vents will go in as well once Trackspec finally gets around to producing the templates I sent them a year ago…
Appreciate 0