View Single Post
      07-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #31
Daver610
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coup

Engine MSD80 or ???

I was finally able to change my battery specs in NCSExpert and registered it in INPA. However, I'm not sure that I did everything correctly:

1. Almost every battery registration instruction for INPA indicates to select engine MSD80. However, my engine (I think) is an MSS60. But when I selected MSS60 I received a German error "Not matching version - Malfunction Possible" and the screen switched to something that was totally different (and in German). I backed out of that mess and, although I believed the MSD80 option to be incorrect, I tried it and it worked. I registered the new battery. However, the battery showed in INPA that I had "91ah" when it should have read "90ah_agm." Does this have something to do with using the wrong engine? I don't even think 91ah is a valid value.

2. I then went to NCSEXPERT and downloaded the current settings to the FSW_PSW file and changed the battery from 90ah_agm to 90ah (I bought this lead acid battery by mistake, but no biggy). So, the car knew that it had a 90ah_agm battery despite what INPA originally reported.

I then went back into INPA via MSD80 and the battery showed correctly (90ah).

Questions:
- Did I use the wrong engine code in INPA and could I have done any damage when I registered the battery?
- I registered the battery PRIOR to changing the AH. Should I do the registration again or maybe this doesn't matter?
Appreciate 0