Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasond63 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
I had a recent dream that I liquidated my fleet to fund a 991.2 GT3 Touring 6MT (found one for sale locally that is spec'd very close to what I had made on the Porsche configurator a few years ago) that was asking $50k over MSRP. I woke up in a cold sweat. However, don't they say that dreams are fueled by the subconscious?

I ended up far enough down the CT4-V Blackwing rabbit hole to have found a dealer who would sell at MSRP. However, the motor didn't really make sounds that excited me and I eventually wrote off this fool's errand as car guy acting out fantasies. And, I did not see this car being more engaging than the 1M (Even though reviewers make the CT5-V BW sound like the car to have, I don't really want to drive something that big.)

So, SEIS -- if you could only keep one of the GT3 vs 1M, which would you keep? (The GT3 8k rpm wail ... sheesh -- goosebumps.)

Hello gentlemen, I am new around this forum and stumbled upon your thread. If your having to choose which one to buy my money is going towards the GT3. At least that car is worth the money and isnt being cloned for half the costs.

I have a 997.2 and 1M. The way I see it is that both of these cars are cars ive always wanted since I first laid eyes on them. They are cars that if I sold one I would simply be waiting to someday own one again. Sellers remorse to the fullest and that will rent more space in my head then the thought of selling one could ever. But if I had to sell one I would sell the 1m simply because its overvalued for what it is. Besides you can build a perfect replica for half the costs. I dont know about you but I like driving my cars and not having to worry about putting on the miles. Oh and I to have three young ones 2 5 and 8. Thats what the highlander is for.
you can still drive the 1M without worrying about the mileage—-plenty of us do.

Bone stock here, 102,000+ miles on it
and have raised a 7yo kid from birth in it
as our only family car & daily driver.

and no a replica 1M is still not the original
just like those 911s with GT3 bodykits
ayao646.00