03-26-2018, 03:29 PM   #55
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
I feel bad for HAAS. There must be something wrong with their wheel guns or how the wheel nuts being fasten.
I'm not sure. I saw them take down the air guns, but Gunther said that it was because they didn't have enough practice ... which I think he's just taking one for the team.

I can't believe they let both cars go without getting acknowledgement from each wheel-man before they released the cars. Sure it does happen ... but they didn't learn from their mistake and DNF'd both of their cars. Pit stops were always an issue with the team ... but this is silly ... especially when a poor pit stop can make the difference between finishing in the points or not. Seriously it's not like HAAS is new to racing and can't put together a competent pit crew.

On a positive tip ... the new HAAS' look competitive. Even if Riccairdo and Bottas didn't lose grid spots ... the HAAS boys still would've made it into the top 10. Something they couldn't do these past couple of years. For a new team ... that's quite an accomplishment to design and build a car that's faster than F1 teams with much more F1 design experience.
Appreciate 0