View Single Post
      01-07-2020, 03:29 PM   #18
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciscold View Post
Hi! I've been reading the forum and it has helped me a lot. So, thank you.

I'm not a BMW owner yet, but I wanted to be one my whole life and now I can afford it (used).

I'm in the market for a 2010 - 2112 N55 135i with good mileage (30k to 50k mi). I don't want to mod it at all. I just love it stock.

Is there major differences between 40k ~ mi and 60k ~ mi? (Like other brands/cars)

I'm asking this because I've found some 135i's with 60k mi that are within my budget and seem to be in pretty good shape. After checking them out and testing them, do you guys think it would be a good decision? Or should I keep looking and waiting for a 40k ~ mi 1er?

Thank you!
There is alot more to it than mileage. Service history, age of owner, hours spent in car, etc. You're going to get hit with fat repair bills driving these cars, there are 3-5 things that are almost guaranteed to fail. Maybe they stay reliable if completely stock.

The 5 Most Common BMW N55 Engine Problems – Failures & Performance Problems
May 6, 2019 By bmwtuning 22 Comments

The Most Common BMW N55 135i, 235i, 335i, 435i, 535i Engine Problems
N55 Common Engine & Reliability Problems
For those in the market looking to purchase a BMW 135i, 335i, or 535i one important aspect to consider is reliability. In this post, we intend to highlight the most common problems with the N55 platform; please keep in mind – this is not an exhaustive list of every single potential problem. All cars and engines will have problems at some point. Some problems are unique and only affect a small number of cars, while in this post, we will address the most common engine problems that affect a larger number of N55’s.

Common N55 Engine Problems
Valve Cover Oil Leak
Water Pump Failure
Leaking Oil Filter Housing Gasket
VANOS Solenoid Failure
High Pressure Fuel Pump Failure (HPFP) – Mostly older models
Starter failure

and of course cracked charge pipes are common as well. But I haven't seen anything catastrophic on here. Find a good local indy bmw mechanic and be prepared to visit them from time to time. But it's mostly worth it.
duder13767.00