View Single Post
      01-10-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Sucks.

I had the same thing happen when I had my Ford Focus. I was driving towards an intersection with a traffic light. Started braking because it was red but then turned green before I got there. The opposite traffic started to proceed through the light. The lead car started to drift over towards me crossing the double yellow. I thought the idiot would realize they were drifting but that thought went away after about a second when the car kept coming at me. I tried to swerve to the right to avoid the car with my horn blaring. I could only go so far to the right because there was a huge snow bank from the recent snow storm and the plows.

Just before the bang, the car is now right up on me and I can see clearly into the car. It was some stupid F'ing woman staring down at her cell phone. She didn't even look up until the moment of the impact. She tried to jerk her car to her right but it was too late. Bang. She creamed the left front corner of my car. The impact was hard enough to send her bumper cover flying about 20 feet down road.

I was royally pissed. Had to climb out the passenger side because the driver's door was wedged by the fender being pushed back. It took all of my energy to not beat the piss out of her. I didn't even say anything to her. Just walked away so I wouldn't do something I would be arrested for and called the cops.

Cops arrived and cited her with two violations. I can't remember what the violations are now since this was many many years ago. One of her relatives showed up and talked to me saying they're insured..blah blah. I didn't say much to him because I was still pissed. And I was driving on that road to get my car to the dealership for some warranty work. Go figure.
Appreciate 0