View Single Post
      03-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
hot_ride
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
This has been covered several times in this forum, but here it is again.

There are two reason you get TPMS warnings.

1 - The system isn't working right. In that case have the dealer fix it
2 - The air pressure in your tires has dropped below the threshold set in the TPMS.

In case number two the fix is VERY simple. Check the air in the tires and make sure they're at the right pressure while it's cold, then reset the system. Problem solved.

In this day of cell phones and computerized everything, I'm a little bit amazed that so many people have such a hard time with something this simple.
Jeremy,
Good answer, but as mentioned above it is not really a Pressure Monitoring system but a rotation monitoring system. I'm not sure how cell phones and everything being computerized would tell me that the system misfired and gave me the wrong information. I have also never had run flats and am still not sure what a flat would visibly look like. But thanks for your 2 cents. Your change? 2 cents.

ZIPNBYE,
LOL, I wouldn't drive over them if I could avoid them Unfortunately there are A LOT and I can't always be watching the ground or avoid them due to other obstacles.

warmtoes,
What does TPW stand for? I do realize that we have a different system, that is why the subject says "Canadian version". I started the thread to make others aware, but I was also wondering if this is something that happens a lot. You can imagine my disappointment when I was led to believe that I had a flat only 1.5km after putting on my summer rims and tires for the first time.
Appreciate 0