View Single Post
      10-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
mikeedler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E30 M3

well, once again found some time to get this thing rolling along.
lets start with the exhaust. The install is the rear section from Meisterschaft. question for you guys, why are all of these products named with "german sounding" names, and no one over here even knows of them?

the exhaust is now catless and rear mufflerless. Next to come is the middle section resonaltors are also to be cut out and pipe welded in there too.

here we have the stock stuff, not to bad to me.

and here is what is now on the car. nice shiny stuff for under the matte finished top of the car?

packaged up really nice for the journey across the pond!

and on the car from the bottom.

the sound is amazing!!!!! reminds me of the old deuce and a halfs from the 80's army days, pure awesomeness!

next on the to-do list was finally get the AST 5200 Grand Am stuff on the car-- This has been a real hassle....... long story.

so on to the suspension install.

with the spring compressed.

the rear 1M stock suspension minus the spring.

spring out!

thought I would still put this pic in there even though it was incorrect. The pics and info are all over the place different. come to find out I have a 7" spring and the helpers are for the front.......... lack of communication and me assuming.

let's get them turner upper shock mounts in.

shock is in, now time to run them sticking azz hoses into the trunk.

Well, time to empty out the "tub" I have seen pics somewhere on the net where someone just cut huge holes in this thing to fit the remote adjusters through, I didn't like the idea of the huge holes, so went about doing this the "harder way"

as of now the adj. are just laying on the airpump/toolbag, will get them secured tis week.

next up was front suspension.

here we go.

strut out.

factory, not factory!

not stock/stock!
well, this is as far as we got here. once again, wrong pieces, or missing pieces
I would like to say that this has really been quite the hassle with the suspension, not sure if its ASTs fault or the vendor, but there has been nothing but alot of lost time and incorrect parts/missing stuff from the get go. not happy about it, but what to do?

the strut is too skiny to fit in the receiver/knuckle... part missing, or incorrect part?

now put it all right back together- also have to stick that helper spring in there too

after the suspension set-back it was time to move onto the engine compartment.

les' go and remove that bumper and see what's hiding back there.

I think we need to pull that little thing out of there.

on the ground, so now lets compare the 2. interesting, stock has 3" ports, new only 2,5"?

well, lets get that thing in there.

and here is what is leftover from the massacre. once again cutting on a new car.....ahhh it hurts me more than the car!

lets get that bumper back on. looks stock!

now on to the charge pipes, my favorite part, nothing like the sound of a BOV early in the morning. I had the same on on my turbo M20powered E30 BMW a few years ago, I always caught myself playing with the go pedal just to hear it make some sweet music.

orig. uglyness, i always wondered why BMW put those crappy little hoses in the the way they did when I changed the 100 or so high pressure pumps this summer!

I must say this part is beautifully crafted too!

here it is installed, pretty straightforward and simple.

IF YOU HAVE AN N54/N55 YOU NEED TO GET THIS ASAP!

as I was putting the engine comp. back together there was one other piece to put in there too. I do not understand this part at all. to me its not worth the crappy warped plastic it's made from, whatever. fitment is crap, and it is not sealed well at all, seems like it's going to be pulling in plenty of hot air through all the cracks in it.

and the 100 or so stickers they sent with it I would'nt even put on my toolbox!

and to the last update for today, the front CF splitter. I have no idea who made it, but fitment is great. I like it, hopefully it lasts a while.

on to the pics.

I glued it on also with a ton of windshield glue, it's not going to come off on the autobahn!!!!

and a rear shot.

and a bonus sound clip, sorry the batteries died in the camera.

Last edited by mikeedler; 11-29-2011 at 03:42 AM..
Appreciate 0