View Single Post
      10-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
mikeedler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbr0wn View Post
Those wheels are perfect. You said sprayed, so I assume that is paint and not powder coating?
yes, they were painted- these are going to be the "street wheels" for the car- a set of "track wheels" are on the way paint was good enough for BMW, I really don't see the need for powder coating wheels, plus here in Germany, it's not easy to find powder coating shops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusclezMarinara View Post
So euro spec car with chrome trim but no euro headlamps?

Looks great man loving the roll cage
Car is a U.S. model. The trim is also shadowline, was just covered in foil too. I am not the owner, the owner is a soldier in the U.S. Army stationed over here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheller View Post
That bar is sweet. I'd seen it before, but these pictures might have me convinced.

I'll be curious about the difference in rigidity, both on road and track. Could you please post your thoughts on it once you've formulated some observations?

Do you plan to keep the cross-brace installed permanently (thus rendering the rear seat even more useless that it already is)? I'd also be interested to see that the rear seats can still be occupied with the hoop in place. I imagine the harness retention bar must be removed (in addition to the cross-brace), to facilitate use of the rear seats....

Anyways, great choices thus far, the car is looking great!
The rear seat was completely removed. I have only driven the car a total of 15 miles to my house and not hard at all-only about 30 miles on the car. From the Brr site, the rear seat can be used with just the removal of the center X brace- getting in the rear with the retention bar installed would seem quite a task though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-emm View Post
Will follow this post frequently! Would you like to reveal your future plans now already?
After the suspension (hopefully finished this weekend) comes the new down pipes (cat deletes) as well as the center resonators will also be replaced with some straight pipe. The new rear section is also on its way here, and I am sure it will def. sound nice then.
I will just leave it at this- there is a bunch of other goodies coming, but it would be more fun to keep this a bit more interesting.

Once again, it's not my car....

front suspension is finally on. front coilovers are turned down about 85%, rears are at about 70% down.

car is pretty much finished up for this year.
enjoy the pics.

Here are a few more not so good pics of what the car looks like today. It is supposed to be picked up by him and will then get a real photo session.

I have now removed the midpipe cats and resonator and it has straight pipes from front to rear- NO ANYTHING in the exhaust system, and yes, it is unbelievably loud!

the tails as well as sidemarkers and front signals were all tinted, and the wheels now have an orange stripe to break up the grey a little bit.

Last edited by mikeedler; 02-03-2012 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0