First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoKnvl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
Hello- I've just installed these and love them.

I haven't coded them yet as most places around me have declined to do it(anyone that knows someone near Ft Lauderdale Florida that will please let me know).

Question is, heated seats aren't working and i'm wondering if thats due to coding needed or did i miss a connection; can anyone tell me if the heated seats function worked ahead of coding?
When you press the heater button, does it stay on for a second and then turn off. What Module and harness are you using?

Another member on here helped me out a lot. You either need to pull the stock harness from your seats or order a new set. I recommend ordering a new one since it's really hard to get the stock one out. After you pull the harness, you can strip out all the excess connections. I don't recall which ones you need, but I believe you end up with 2 or 3 connectors left.

Also, you'll want to pull your stock control box. That one is easy to remove. Once you have these 2 parts, the heated seats will work. There is no coding required.

If you're referring to needing coding for the Passenger Occupancy Sensor, you can do it yourself if you have the cable and software. Otherwise, if you can get someone to help you, there are 2 references to the sensor. Just set those to disable. It will get rid of the warning. My understanding is that it will not disable the airbags, just the sensor. With the sensor disabled, it will assume there is a passenger in the seat and go off in the event of an emergency.
Thank you and that's it, I need the harness! Ordered and I'll update ASAP