Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brando1 View Post
Two more track nights under my belt.
Understeer, and brakes are now the problem.
Added Turner solid rear subframe bushings, only have the back two installed, what a pain in the ass of a job. The car feels substantially tighter. Originally bought the m3 bushings, but after some installation problems, my tech said just get the real ones.....
I need to sort out the front end, I am killing the drivers side front tire. And these are good tires. I ordered the Apex EC-7 wheels during the group buy, and now I am waiting. I'm thinking about a more aggressive tire then the PSS once I get them.
Brakes.
Big brake kits cost almost as much as I paid for the car. That's insane
I'm thinking about ordering the Stainless steel brake lines and going with a track/ street pad.
Hawk is what I am leaning toward. I know they are not the favorite of this forum, but I want to enjoy driving the car to and from the track, and around town.
Dropped 3 seconds off of my best lap time at PBIR.
Down to 1:38, when I drive it right.
Bend your heat shields out on the front calipers so they scoop air... all the way to the control arm. Or, get some brake ducting. Getting heat under control and running some REAL race pads will be far more beneficial than dropping $4k on a BBK.
I would disagree if you can find a good used front BBK you will save a ton of money on pads / fluid alone.