View Single Post
      01-17-2018, 01:07 AM   #95
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Extract View Post
Unhook your front sway bar, all understeer goes away immediately. Actually been looking to see if there are any smaller-than-stock front bars out there.
Your car did seem to be very snappy on power-out of corners in that video - what's your alignment look like? I wonder if a disconnected front sway with some extra rear toe-in and neg camber might be the sweet spot.

I've run without a front sway bar once at Laguna by accident and it was slightly terrifying but I did run pretty good times. Went to go look for those laptimes just now which leads me to this rant...

Harry's laptimer ruined my week.... what kind of paid (~$30) mobile app doesn't have a cloud backup feature in 2018. An S3 bucket in Amazon AWS is basically free AND every user would gladly pay the cost to store their data in the cloud. Anyhow, lost most of my lap times/data/videos from every trackday I've attended (2.5ish years worth) - I have some videos and the track_addict app syncs to the cloud so I have a few laptimes. Anyhow, sorry for the rant and threadjack but PSA: heads up if you use Harry's laptimer, manually backup your dataz.

*** I actually work in data/analytics and this just came to me... Harrys is based in the EU and they have crazy data security laws so that is probably why it won't backup (GPS data + personal data + cloud = possibly illegal in EU). UGH