View Single Post
      01-25-2018, 12:07 PM   #103
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Man, I sure do wish I installed the M3 rear sway bar when I dropped the subframe completely for the diff and subframe bushings. What a huge bitch this was.

It's actually NOT that bad getting the stock bar out, took me maybe 3 hours and it was my first time doing this job. I wonder if my experience would have been different had I gone with a different bar, that come with more reasonable mounts and bushings. The m3 bar doesn't exactly fit that great. It's super close to the axles and arms, making it even harder to work back there, and worse, there is zero movement once the bushings are mounted to it. Getting the factory bushings on the arm properly actually took me over an hour. I had to pull the bar out of the car 3x to get them in the right place, and even then, I couldn't twist the bar by hand to get it positioned perfectly.

I decided not to change springs at this time for 2 reasons:
  1. I didn't realize how wildly bigger the E92 M3 rear bar was vs stock. I imagine this will drastically change the attitude of the car, so I didn't want to double up and add stiffer front and rear springs, and then have to work backwards to track down what change did what. I'm going to run Buttonwillow again this weekend and I'll see how it feels with this setup of E92 front and rear sway bars, 6k/12k swift springs. I can say for sure, even swaying around on the freeway, the rear feels way more connected and equally as rigid as the front. Pretty excited.
  2. I took an embarrassingly long time to finish the job yesterday, just about 10am-5:30, so I didn't have time to do the springs anyway. Or the fuel pump. Or seat adjustments. Or literally anything else. I hate cars.

Last edited by berns; 01-25-2018 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
Yeineken1297.50