01-06-2019, 08:05 PM   #33
Stubbie Blue
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shia_is_my_spirit_animal View Post
Bumping again and giving more props to Stubbie on this one - thanks for your suggestion! I had it wired right but I think the RadioPRO just needed a reset. Did that and was able to program steering wheel function immediately!

Now, a new issue. External bluetooth microphone stopped working. Figured I pinched the wire somewhere when installing. Removed it only to find that not only does it look fine but a replacement microphone also does not work. Internal microphone works as long as the external is disconnected but callers tell me they hear a lot of echo. Any ideas?
Make sure the mic is plugged in fully. Mine was very stiff. See the photos near the bottom of Joying's help article:
https://www.joyingauto.com/blog/post...oid-head-unit/

A different mic probably won't work because Joying uses a 4 pole plug (Tip Ring Ring Sleeve) with the mic probably wired on the 2nd ring and sleeve, while a standard mic uses the tip and the sleeve with no rings on the plug.

I actually don't use the Bluetooth much because even with the external mic, callers still say they have trouble hearing me, especially with road noise.
Appreciate 0