View Single Post
      09-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #25
Boost3d_1M
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E82 1M

On to the hardest part of this weekend. The actual cleaning. This is the process iv used previously and did the same again this weekend. I fill the chamber in "compression stabilizer solution" which basically dissolves the carbon deposit. I let the solution sit for an hour, then scrub it with the wire brushes from the gun kit. Syringe out that "used solution" then let a fresh dose of fluid sit in the cylinders to work overnight.

Syringing out the fluid cleans out about 85% of the solution which leaves the last 15% of dirt fluid around the valves. To remedy this process, i cut up section of an old cotton t-shirt and stuff it into the cylinder, i repeat this process until iv gotten out as much dirt/fluid as possible.

Some pics of the end results, definitely cant compete with the time/effort/ cleanliness factor of doing a walnut blast but this method only cost me R600 ( about $50 ) as opposed to the R3800 ( $250 ) it costs to do a walnut blast over here. Instead of outlaying for the walnut blast, i opted to purchase the external pcv kit, which will hopefully remedy this problem. Ps i did have a BMS "High Side" OCC kit on my previous n54 and honestly there was hardly any fluid in that setup after many years and thousands of Kilometres worth of use.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Tornado1M1211.00
M3 boi3211.00