Fundahl
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, 300zx TT

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by i128 View Post
OK guys, sorry for the aggressive tone earlier, but all I was trying to say by initially weighing in on this thread, was that why do people have to compare the 128 and 135?, they are 2 different cars! It seems that the general consensus appears to be that the 135 is a superior car because 1) it has more power. 2) it cost more. Implying that you're poor and slow if you're driving a 1series thats not a 35.

Anyway it's a terrible stigma, but its just how society is I guess... (bigger/ stronger / badder is better,) Im sure the 328i guys get it from time to time for the same reasons from the 335i guys.

My point was, (and mentioned it a few times) I bought my car for my needs, not for anyone else's, and surely not to showboat, or brag. Sorry if i offended anyone....
Maybe they get compared because as you stated, they aren't much different in price, and they are essentially the same car with different engine choices. Some people think the 128i is a waste of time and $$$, some people think the 135i is a waste of time and $$$, and some people think both are a waste of time and $$$.

So they get a 1M.
Appreciate 0