View Single Post
      11-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
N55_NOLE
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 550i

Advice Needed

Several weeks ago I started getting the TPMS light on my dash (the yellow tire, not the low tire warning in the middle of the screen) and didn't think much of it at the time do to the changing tempatures. Around the same time, my Comfort Access stopped working, but given the fact that I took delivery on my car in May of 2010, I thought it was just a low battery.

On Sunday night, as I was driving home my radio turned off. I didn't think much of it and turned it back on. A few minutes later my dash blew up with all sorts of lights (TMPS, Service Engine, Airbag, Seatbelt, and several others). Seconds after, the dash went dead, along with my tach and speedo.

I took the car to the dealership last night and today was informed that the modules for the TPMS, Comfort Access and Park Distance were damaged and would require $2,500 worth of repairs. The dealership said they also found a broken beer bottle in my trunk and because of that, they wouldn't be covering any of the repairs under warranty.

I'm obviously very upset about this and the fact that the dealership won't cover the cost of repairs. I understand the reasoning behind having the battery and some of the electronics in the trunk (my understanding is it's mostly for weight distribution), but I don't think it's too much to ask that it's put back there in such a way that if something spills in the trunk, those things won't be damaged.

Has anyone had this happen to them before in their 1er (or any BMW)? What is the best way to dispute a claim that the dealership won't cover? Any constructive input would be greatly appreciated! I'll be sure to keep everyone informed.
Appreciate 0