11-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #85
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom///M View Post
Aaaaaaargh! Nobody said it was easy, right... here it goes!

The PSSs that I wanted (245/35 and 275/25) are not recommended by one of the most reputable (motorsport) tyre dealers in Dubai due to radius differences that might give speed and diff sensor issues? I haven't read that on the forum? And 265/35 stock size for the rears is not available in the PSSs in Dubai.

I did find Cup+'s in the right sizes. Slightly more expensive, but that doesn't bother me. What are your experiences with these, as compared to the PSSs? This is what I've seen / read as compared to the PSSs:
- PSS last a bit longer (doesn't bother me)
- PSS are cheaper (same)
- Cup+ have even more grip in the dry (me likey)
- Cup+ have a lot less grip in the rain (no problem, since it never rains here)
I don't use the 1M are a daily driver, so all the driving is fun and spirited. I try to do the occasional track day at Yas or the Autodrome too.

Thoughts?
1. Cup+s, just because I can... ;-)
2. PSS in 245/35 and 275/35
3. Back to PS2 OEMs

Thanks,
Tom.
You wanted 275/25 you say? When did you mention this size before, all I see in your posts were 275/35 and of course a 275/25 would be absurd to put at the rear, especially with fronts at stock size 245/35!

Another thing; where did you even find a 275/25, there are no 25 profile PSS for 275 wide tires, not for 18 or 19 inches. Why would you even want that kind of tire at the back?

Since this is just a fun car for you and never rains over there, just try the track tires imo.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 11-01-2012 at 11:08 AM..
Appreciate 0