06-03-2016, 02:06 PM   #47
elburbs
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: EVO8 (Sold), 135i n55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by T1M View Post
Depends on how it's been maintained. I had an Evo 8 as well (EvocentriK on EvoOz) and consolidated from that plus a daily to just my 1M now. It's got 45K on it as has been rock solid so far. I am stock hardware but tuned on 18psi with no injector or coil issues to date (making 266kw/559nm).

I changed my gearbox and rear diff oil at 30,000km and do the engine oil every 10,000km. I plan to do the waterpump proactively at 60,000 kms.

Nothing out of the ordinary reliability wise on these cars, just stay on top of the little things and it should be fine. If my turbo wastegates start to go I'll throw a set of hybrids on and retune! HPFP has been fine, but mines a 2012 I think they may have been on a more reliable revision by then. If you can stretch the budget a 1M has all the suspension and diff upgraded to M3 spec and the Hnggg widebody, or even the E90/E92 M3's are mid 70's now if you are scared off the N54.
Cheers for all the replies guys, appreciate it. I've snooping around the forums and fb groups for a while now. I'd love a 1M Tim, but I dont have that kind of money to spare haha!

I have been taking my time as I hadn't need for a car until recently so I am checking a few 135i's out this weekend, hopefully I can find good clean example. Another thing that concerns me is the large number of 135 owners saying they have only owned their cars for less than a year!? what gives.
but anyway, should have one soon and will post when it does!
Appreciate 0