View Single Post
      12-21-2021, 07:31 PM   #28
apexwerks
Private
Rep
Drives: E82 128i, E46 M3, Mk7 TDI Wagn

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacinto View Post
Alright well after some conversing with tracer, I'll be doing the valve cover gasket and ofhg (hopefully) with a friend who owns an e90 n52 and will be in town with me. He and I went to high school together and have worked on each other's projects many times, will just be more fun scraping knuckles with a friend instead of alone

Parts are ordered, added a couple things like another oil change with engine flush and ceratec (might as well at this point), cabin air filter, and plugs if they end up looking bad when we're in there

Also, think we've decided on the Continental dws 06 plus (225/45/17) and we'll probably do that when we're back home and have time to set an alignment aside too.

I'm planning on doing this a little after Christmas since I'll be all over the place with family and girlfriend's as well.
Awesome! It's a fun job. My recommendation is to pull the windshield wipers and the windshield cowl. It makes getting the cover on and off 100x easier. I burned at least an hour and a gasket fighting to get the back corner seated. It was easy as pie with the cowl off.

OFHG is a 30 minute job.
Appreciate 2