djacinto
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32 428i Xdrive

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i xdrive  [0.00]
2013 128i  [0.00]
Made it home and the car is running excellent. No leaks as far as i can tell, but I'll take a deeper dive soon once weather warms up a bit. This Texas cold front is giving me ptsd to last year!

As for next steps, I think the oil pan will be closer inspected as the service tech did say he
suspects leaking but I couldn't tell with how much the valve cover was leaking. I sprayed as much down with brake cleaner underneath with the belly pan off and hopefully that will help give a better indicator as to if the leak is active and how quickly

Suspension wise the car is tight and well put together. The control arms seem fine, front sway bar bushings look a touch dry and worn but not bad yet. I'll take closer looks into those as well as doing the m3 control arm upgrades is the route we'll take for sure!

I noticed the coils seem to be a little mismatched based on manufacture date too, 4 said 2014, with one saying 2013 and the last 2016. Two had discoloration as well. Plugs visually seemed fine with no oil in the wells however I have not taken them out to inspect further.

Some other fluid changes will be necessary: diff, power steering and brake. It's been at least 2 for the brake and I'm unsure about the other two so I'll just be safe and go ahead and do it.

I used redline's gl-5 for my f32 xdrive, is this a good oil to use on these car's diffs? What do y'all use

As for brake fluid I'll just be doing a pentosin super dot 4 flush since I've had good experience with that as well

Lastly, tires! As mentioned previously, the front tires are worn and have a decent bit of dry rot on the insides, plus all the tires are super narrow (205/50/17)! The new tires will be purchased soon with an alignment that's well overdue
Follow the build
EuroFever
Appreciate 0