View Single Post
      09-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #24
Neiman Levenson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i M-sport

It has been quite a journey since I've updated this thread last. Between VIE not being able to deliver, summer classes being very difficult, and running into multiple car problems (AC compressor went out and took FOREVER to diagnose), I was not able to do my single turbo build this summer like I had planned.

For those who follow me on youtube already, you probably know whats been happening. but essentially, VIE was not able to deliver my single turbo kit to me in a timely manner.. I wanted for 4 months since I placed the order (may 1st) and paid for the kit in full (no deposit) so this was completely unacceptable.

Additionally, I caught the manager of VIE Lying to me on updates with the kit, being extremely difficult to coordinate with, and I was still missing small pieces of the kit even after I had finally received it. such as mac solenoid, air filter, turbo oil/coolant flanges, etc. lastly the quality of the kit was terrible. The turbo blanket was super cheap and looked identical to an ebay turbo blanket, the lines were very cheap feeling, the oil feed line looked like it was from ebay as well... overall I was not satisfied to say the least and it was an awful experience.

since then, I have sold the kit and bought a used motiv kit. after all the waiting and BS games I plaid with VIE, I was ready to abandon ship of ever building a single turbo n54. Luckily I found a used Motiv kit for sale from a buddy who I could trust, and it was all ready to go. No more playing games, no more shitty quality, it was time to get the best of the best for my car.

Here is a Link to a youtube video I made on the unboxing of the used motiv 800 kit and explaining things about VIE: